Format Used: Netflix DVD
Contains: Graphic Language, Graphic Violence
A shipment of "uranium" is hijacked by murderous members of the Russian mob but what the shipment is really a hybrid
of a Scorpion and a Warrior Bug. The creature escapes and a Commando squad must capture it alive or die in the attempt.
Okay, the characters are less then perfect, the dialog is way less then perfect. I'm no geneticist but I'm not sure if insects
and arachnids can be combined into one creature, I could be wrong on that fact. But the question that haunts me is why so
big? If the idea was to get antibodies and not have them as living weapons, then why did they have to be the size of Great
Danes? The movie isn't perfect but it is watchable if nothing else is on. 3 STARS.
I agree with Zedd with the issues he mentioned. I also think there was some CG mating issues every once and a while and the
fact they stuck some stock-footage near the end of the movie only added to the dislike of the film, but as a whole Zedd is
right, it's watchable if you have nothing else to do. 3 STARS as well.
ON THE POSITIVE SIDE (- HITS):
+ CREATURE DESIGN (The creature design was kind of cool.)
+ STORY (Basic but works.)
+ CAST (The cast did the best they could with what they were given.)
ON THE NEGATIVE SIDE (- MISSES):
- COMPATIBLE ISSUE (Would Scorpion DNA be compatible with roach DNA?)
- CHARACTERS (Some of the characters are unlikable)
- WHY SO BIG (If you want antibodies then why make them so big?)
- MATTING ISSUES (The CG didn't always match the scene.)
- STOCK-FOOTAGE (The stock-footage at the end didn't help any.)
- FAN BASED (If you aren't big on Roger Cormen or movies with big bugs in it, then this isn't for you.)